conditional control UI

• Hello,

I am want to provide a drawbot script to a client that allows them to execute and choose from a variety of image filters to apply to the canvas. Each image filter comes with distinct settings, and I've encountered difficulty in implementing a dropdown/radio input mechanism that dynamically updates the inputs within the drawbot control UI. Let's say I have filter A and B, filter A has settings M N O and filter B has just settings X Y. If it's not possible, I would just split the image filters into individual files.

Thanks, Jan

• I don’t believe it’s possible with DrawBot’s Variables.

It might be possible to use DrawBot with Vanilla and create your own interface, but I have no first hand experience with that.

Also, the example script on that page does only work for me if I add this at the top:

from PyObjCTools import AppHelper

and this at the bottom:

AppHelper.runEventLoop()

• @monomonnik thanks for the idea! It seems like too much custom work for the given budget. I think I will just split it into individual files then. But good to know it might be possible to do, hopefully will use that in some other project

• admin

Variable is not build to be a dynamic UI, but can use a drawBot package to share your code with others and build your own vanilla interface -> https://drawbot.com/content/drawBotApp/drawBotPackage.html

• on the end I did my own UI and it worked fantastic, thanks for the great work!